ROOT CANAL THERAPY IN CHESTER, VA
Root canals might have a bad reputation, but today’s root canal procedures are much quicker and more comfortable than those of ages past. While some discomfort is normal after the procedure, it’s much better than the pain your tooth will cause if your root canal issue is left untreated.
REASONS FOR ROOT CANALS IN CHESTER, VA
Your dentist in Chester, VA might recommend root canal therapy if your tooth has become infected and that infection has spread to the pulp of your tooth. Often, infections will travel to the root of your tooth, and a painful abscess will form. Root canal therapy can remove the infection and restore the tooth.
BENEFITS OF ROOT CANAL THERAPY
- It’s a way to save a damaged tooth rather than extracting it.
- It restores the appearance and function of your tooth.
- You don’t have to worry about the side effects of tooth extraction.
- Thanks to anesthetics, you won’t feel a thing during the procedure.
- It’s an extremely common procedure with a high success rate.
ROOT CANAL PROCEDURE
- Preparing for the root canal treatment – Root canal procedures typically take two appointments to complete. First, your Chester, VA dentist will give you anesthesia so that you don’t feel anything during the procedure.
- Cleaning the root canal – Then, your Chester, VA dentist will drill into the tooth and remove the infected and inflamed tissue. The remaining gap is then filled with a putty-like material, and you’ll be fitted with a temporary crown.
- Preparing for the crown restoration – Your dentist will take an impression of your mouth and send it to the lab so that a crown can be created. In a few weeks, you can return to have your custom-made permanent crown attached.
For a root canal dentist in the Chester, VA area, give Hanley Family Dentistry a call today!