DENTAL EXAMS IN CHESTER, VA
The health of your teeth and mouth are extremely important to your overall well-being. While the best dental care starts at home with routine brushing and flossing in order to keep your smile looking healthy and bright, it’s important to also visit your dentist for a comprehensive exam and cleaning. These visits will allow a dental professional to monitor your dental health as well as take preventative measures to reduce your risk for tooth decay and gum disease; with exams and teeth cleanings, dentists also have the ability to help you:
- Eliminate and prevent bad breath
- Keep your teeth white by reducing surface stains from food and drinks
- Reduce the time you spend in the dentist’s office
- Achieve a smile that will last a lifetime
During your routine dental exam, we will:
- Examine your teeth and gums for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, and other potential dental complications.
- Note any new cavities or current fillings that may need to be updated.
- Perform a periodontal exam to check the health of your gums.
- Take x-rays to examine your jaw bone and other structures beneath your teeth and gums that are not visible to the eye.
At the end of the exam, we will provide you with recommendations that will help you maintain healthy dental habits at home.
PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANINGS
Once we have examined your teeth and gums for dental issues, we will begin the process for a routine teeth cleaning, which involves:
- Using a variety of special dental tools to remove regular plaque and hard plaque buildup, also known as tartar, from your teeth.
- Flossing in-between your teeth.
- Using a polishing compound on your teeth to give them a better shine.
- Applying fluoride that will aid in the strengthening of tooth enamel.