DIGITAL X-RAYS IN CHESTER, VA
We’re dedicated to providing you with the most convenient and safest treatment options available. For that reason, our office uses advanced digital x-ray technology to better monitor and assess your dental health.
Digital x-rays have become common in more and more dental offices because they offer a range of benefits that traditional film x-rays can’t provide. However, dentists aren’t the only ones who are able to reap these benefits; patients are able to also experience the many advantages digital x-rays now offer.
TRADITIONAL X-RAY TECHNOLOGY VS. DIGITAL X-RAYS
Digital x-rays provide advanced imaging that provides clearer dental photos than ever before. One of the major benefit digital x-rays offers that dentists and patients alike appreciate are the significantly reduced exposures of radiation to the patient. In fact, compared to film-based x-rays, digital x-rays reduce radiation to patients by up to 80%.
Digital x-rays are also preferred by dentists because they provide a more accurate image of the patient’s teeth and jaw. In addition, digital x-ray images can be enhanced through magnification, colorization, sharpening, and more, allowing the dentist to make a more precise diagnosis for their patients.
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL X-RAYS
- Less radiation exposure to patients compared to traditional x-ray technology.
- The process for taking digital x-rays is a more comfortable experience for the patient compared to film x-rays.
- Provides an accurate representation of your teeth and jawbone.
- Allows for a more accurate diagnosis.
- Saves time; a digital x-ray image takes less time to capture than traditional x-ray images. In addition, digital x-ray images take less time to process.