EMERGENCY DENTAL CARE IN CHESTER, VA
An emergency can happen at any time, without a moment’s notice, and we understand that. If you ever experience a dental emergency, call our Chester, VA office as soon as possible. Even if you have an emergency after office hours, give our emergency phone line a call, and one of our on-call staff members can assist you. If for any reason, you are unable to reach us during an emergency, dial 911.
Common dental emergencies include:
- Broken or cracked tooth/teeth
- Broken jaw
- Dislodged permanent tooth
- Object caught in-between teeth
- Severe toothache or discomfort in gums
No matter your dental emergency, our emergency dentists in Chester, VA are here to help you anytime, any day. When your dental health is at risk, we will do everything in our power to make sure your dental emergency is diagnosed and treated as soon as possible to avoid any prolonged pain or discomfort.
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A DENTAL EMERGENCY
While dental emergencies are rare occurrences, they still happen, so it’s important to know what to do in the event of a dental emergency. The first thing you must do is call our office and inform our Chester emergency dentist of the emergency, but after that, make sure you take the following steps to ensure the proper care of your teeth and gums on your way to see us:
- Knocked-out permanent teeth – Keep the tooth moist; if possible, try to place the tooth back in the socket without making contact with the root. If not, keep the tooth held in-between your teeth and gums or in a container of milk.
- Cracked teeth – Immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to thoroughly clean the area. Use cold compresses on the face to keep any type of swelling down.
- Severe toothache – Rinse the mouth with warm water and use dental floss to gently remove food particles that may be caught in-between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the tooth in pain or gum tissues.
- Caught objects – Try to gently remove the object with floss; do not try to remove the object with sharp or pointed instruments.